Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Properties for searchability on our intranet

Level 7

I need to be able to enter properties on the pdf form because its used for keyword in searching on our intranet. I go to the completed form in Windows Explorer and right click and open Properties then click on the PDF tab. I fill in the title, author, etc. When I click Apply or Save I get an error message that says I cannot change the document because it's open in Acrobat or another application. It is not open any where that I can see. I rebooted and did not open the doc or any application and I still get this error message.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

M. Dawn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can add in keywords in LC Designer (File / Form Properties). These will appear in the properties window in Acrobat.

LC Designer ES2 gives greater ability for custom keywords.

N.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can add in keywords in LC Designer (File / Form Properties). These will appear in the properties window in Acrobat.

LC Designer ES2 gives greater ability for custom keywords.

N.

Level 7

I put the information in File/Form Properties and save the document. When I open the pdf, none of the information is appearing in the Properties screen.

I'll attach the doc to see if there's something I did wrong with the document.

Thanks,

MDawn

Level 10

Hi,

I think it must be something to do with LC Designer v8 that you are using.

When I opened the PDF in Acrobat, the properties panel was blank, as you described.

However when I opened it in LC Designer and clicked OK and reopened in Acrobat, the properties were populated.

Document Properties.png

I am attaching the form again.

The new version of LC Designer ES2 will be available around the 11th January 2010 and depending on your requirements it may be worth upgrading (I don't think upgrade the LC Designer component on its own is expensive).

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

Thanks.

Margaret Dawn

Supervisor - Documentation

W: 630-850-1065