Expand my Community achievements bar.

Progress Tracker

Former Community Member

Hi Experts,

I have a form with lot of fields spanning across multiple pages - in order to make the form user friendly and enable the user to keep track of their form filling activity, I want to add a progress tracker which will track the percentage of form completion, for e.g. if there are 10 fields in the form and user has filled up only 4 fields then the progress bar should indicate 4/10 * 100 = 40% completion with proper coloring in the progress bar and this should be placed in the footer. at the master page level in each page.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Regards.

Rohit

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Rohit,

Here is a sample: https://acrobat.com/#d=3xfNLfgVAzCS9j51NC0mgA

I haven't tried it across a multipage form, but it certainly works for a single page.

The progress bar is a ratio of a rectangle inside a subform that is 3in long.

It should work on the Master Page, but you may need to xfa.resolveNode to get to objects on the layout pages.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

Great example !! thanks a lot

I shall try this out in a more realistic scenarion of putting it in master page and let you know my finding.

Regards.

Rohit

Level 10

Hi, Rohit, a cleaner approach may be to put it into a script object / function.

N.

Former Community Member

Use the built-in status indicator object, app.thermometer.

Simply set the thermometer's duration to the number of fields in the form (=100%), and increase the thermometer's value by 1 every time a field is successfully filled-out.

You could also accompany the thermometer's (t) status indicator with a text, such as:

t.text = "Fields done: " + t.value + " - fields to go: " + (t.duration-t.value);