Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Process completed when route choices failed. Shouldn't the process have stalled?

Level 2

We have a process where after a step there are three route choices.  Each route checks the value of a process variable, let's call it ReviewType.  Each of the three route choices is looking for a different value.  Those are:

Initial

Mid-year

Final

The problem comes wherein earlier in the process the ReviewType variable was set to an incorrect value;  in this case it was the value "Inital" instead of "Initial". It was my understanding that if a step has multiple route to evaluate and none pass the process should stall.  But in this case the process completed.  We have tried modifying the "Initial" route evaluation by adding an OR condition to also look for "Inital" but that does no good because the process is marked as complete. 

Any ideas on how we can get this completed process going again?

Thanks,

Ray

1 Reply

Level 2

If there are no routes to continue the process, the process will be marked completed. There are no errors or exceptions to place the process in stalled state. You would have to find a way to restart the completed processes and continue from the desired step. One approach would be to create another process that filters, if you don't know already, completed processes for your special condition and, after you updated the main process to allow an intermediate starting point, restart the necessary completed processes...

I hope it helps...