Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process appears to be stuck or asleep?

Level 4

Since I upgraded from ES2.5 to ES4 this summer, I have been running into a strange problem about once or twice a month where a user completes a task, but the task just seems to sit in limbo, doing nothing. If I check the process in the Admin UI (Admin UI -> Services -> LiveCycle Process Management ES ->Process Search ->Process Instance ->Process Instance Detail) it shows that the Operation is 'Running', but if i drill down to the task itself, it says that it was 'Completed'. I haven't taken any screenshots of this behaviour, but the screen shots in this post from 5 years ago shows the same behaviour: https://forums.adobe.com/message/3729169

I will note that this seems to happen during a lull in our operations. The most recent time this occurred was around 5:30 PM on Friday (typically, the system stops being used around 5:00 PM). The user clicked the complete button on their form and the task appeared to complete as usual, however it did not move on to the next operation. Fast forward to 1:03PM on Saturday and the task finally decided to move on to the next task and make its way to the next user.

Is there:

• Anything I can do that will make a process continue when I notice that it is stuck in this manner?
  • Any way I can identify when this is happening (since I never know until someone tells me their task never made it to the next stage)?
  • Prevent this from happening in the first place?

(I read the suggestions in the discussion linked above and Terminating the task is not a viable option)

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Do you notice any errors related to hung thread or any other error in your application server log file ? Also , check whether it occurs with a particular user or with all.

Thanks

Wasil

Level 4

There were no errors related to the 'stuck' process in the server log file.

I have not noticed this happening to any one particular user. With the last three times this has happened, it was a different user each time.

Level 5

Do you see any 'work policy violation' messages in the log when this occurs?

if so, this might help: Addressing Work Policy Violations in LiveCycle ES2 | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

Best of Luck

Mark