Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems with hidden forms

Level 3

Hello,

I've run into an issue on a form I'm working on that involves hidden subforms. My form consists on three subforms that need to be displayed based on the user needs. So, I created an option button with 4 options. Option one, displays the 1st and 3rd subforms, option two displays 2nd and 3rd subforms, option three displays 1st, 2nd and 3rd, subforms, and lastly, option four, clears all the forms leaving only the radio buttons. All works just as beautifully. The problem I'm running into is when I submit the form. The form gets loaded into my outlook with all the people (email addresses) involved and all. However, once the form gets emailed, it comes back showing only the selected option button and If I want to display the information, I would have to select another radio button and then back to the original button since all the data appears to remain intact.

I’ve been creating very simple forms to test the problem and see if always happens but all others seem to work just fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

From what you are describing the subforms that are visible when the form is submitted are hidden again when the form is re-opened.

If this is the case, go to the File > Form Properties > Defaults dialogue.

There you want to tick 'automatic' for the preserve script changes.

Parallels Desktop1.png

This should ensure that when the form is re-opened the correct subforms are still visible.

Good luck,

Niall