Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Problems in installation of Workbench

Not applicable

Hi all,

I am not able to install the Adobe Livecycle Workbench on my system.My system  in newly formatted and so a chance of corrupt registry is not likely.

Moreover I have ensured that it conatins only Jdk 1.5 as it is the supported version.Whenever i try to install it halts at around 25% while it is trying to install the designer compponenet of the W/bench.Folowing error is shown  in a log file:-

(Apr 17, 2009 11:21:11 AM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])
STACK_TRACE: 12
ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])
at com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:2969)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:8048)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:7199)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5240)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please guide me in this matter, as to what is wrong possibly.

0 Replies
Ryan_M__Jacobs
Level 2
Level 2

I have run into problems installing the Designer portion of Workbench on machines where I was logged in as a user without administrative rights to that machine. I don't know if that is the problem you are running into, but it is worth looking at.

Ryan M. Jacobs

rjacobs@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group