Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems in installation of Workbench

Former Community Member

Hi all,

I am not able to install the Adobe Livecycle Workbench on my system.My system  in newly formatted and so a chance of corrupt registry is not likely.

Moreover I have ensured that it conatins only Jdk 1.5 as it is the supported version.Whenever i try to install it halts at around 25% while it is trying to install the designer compponenet of the W/bench.Folowing error is shown  in a log file:-

(Apr 17, 2009 11:21:11 AM), Install, com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])
STACK_TRACE: 12
ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [ProductException: (error code = 1203; message="Designer installation failure.")])
at com.adobe.installshieldx.installer.wizard.DesignerProductAction.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:2969)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:8048)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:7199)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5240)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Please guide me in this matter, as to what is wrong possibly.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

I have run into problems installing the Designer portion of Workbench on machines where I was logged in as a user without administrative rights to that machine. I don't know if that is the problem you are running into, but it is worth looking at.

Ryan M. Jacobs

rjacobs@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group