Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with the tag color in the richText

Former Community Member

Morning,

I want to modify by html the color of a word in a richtext field.
I know I can use the tags <b>bold</b>, <i>italic</i>
in the richtext Field for one word. Which tag to use to change the color?

Could you help me please?

Thanks by advance.

Josijosi

6 Replies

Level 10

Try this..

your text

-Nith

DISCLAIMER:

========================================================================

"This communication is intended only for the named recipient and others authorized to receive it.

It contains confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, and note that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action you may take in reliance on this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated otherwise, this communication is not intended, nor should it be taken to create any legal and/or contractual relation or otherwise. Ministry of Finance (MOF) is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Whilst MOF undertakes all reasonable efforts to screen outgoing e-mails for viruses, it cannot be held liable for any viruses transmitted by this e-mail."

Level 10

Hi,

Once a field has been set to rich text in LC Designer, a user opening the form in Acrobat/Reader can press Control+E when the field is in focus. This will bring up a text toolbar which allows the user to change weight, font, size and colour of the field or just selected words in the field.

Acrobat rich text.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall for your Reply. It's great.

It's not possible to do this by scripting ? I want to do dynamically a table of contents of a form and i want to change the font of a title pr subtitle by script.

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

I don't think it is possible (may be proved incorrect) to script a different colour for selected words or paragraph styles (like you would in InDesign).

Generally scripting within LC Designer would change the text colour for the whole object.

I know you can search a string for a value and then carry out an action, like replace a character, or set the character to upper case. However I don't think you can set its colour.

Maybe someone else will have an iea. Good luck,

Niall 

Former Community Member

Here is an example of the sting "This is a test " where the word test is in a different color.

<body xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xfa:APIVersion="Acroform:2.7.0.0" xfa:spec="2.1">
   <p style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:'Myriad Pro';font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">This is a<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span>
    <span style="color:#ff0000">test</span>
   </p>
  </body>

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you Paul.

I test my form and it's work. It is exactelythat i want.

Thanks a lot!!!!!