Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Problem with PDF Generator within turnkey demo install, tried everything :(

Former Community Member

Hello!

I have a demo version of Livecycle installed on a Windows 2008 VM. Office 2007, Acrobat 9.2 Can produce PDFs fine from Word, Excel etc. Then installed the turnkey install and passed the tests with flying colours (checking acrobat version etc). Logged into the adminui page, created a watched folder. All good so far. Copied in some word docs to the input folder but then they get processed instantly and put into the failure folder. The full failure text file is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2321850/livecycle_error.txt

but the important bit is this:

Failure Time----Sun Feb 13 20:55:10 EST 2011
source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFService
Failure to invoke the
job GeneratePDFService
com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded, couldn't reconnect to 172.16.57.128:3528  vmcid: 0x0  minor
code: 0  completed: No
org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded, couldn't reconnect to 172.16.57.128:3528  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
Retries
exceeded, couldn't reconnect to 172.16.57.128:3528
ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFService
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.invokeJob(FileScanJobImpl.java:302)
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.processInputs(FileScanJobImpl.java:119)
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.scan.impl.AbstractScanJob.execute(AbstractScanJob.java:56)

etc.

Couldn't connect to 172.16.57.128:3528? What's that? The VM has a 192.168.1.* address and is bridged to the VM host machine which also has a 192.168.1.* address. No idea where there 172.16.57.128 IP comes from.

Lastly, I want to use Livecycle to convert PDF files to OCR'd PDFs. We are producing non-searchable PDFs from high throughput Kodak scanners and Kodak Capture Pro. Will Livecycle produce searchable PDFs by default? Given the problem above I've not yet been able to answer the question yet myself.

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

OK, having played with permissions and ensuring a new account, pdf01, has full admin access, I now get this in the "failure" file:

Failure Time----Sun Feb 13 21:43:46 EST 2011
source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFServicePaul
Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFServicePaul
Failed to get the context on behalf of user pdf01, domain DefaultDom for watch folder GeneratePDFServicePaul
user_identifier:pdf01 domain:DefaultDom
ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job GeneratePDFServicePaul

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks for looking.

Level 8

Is the GeneratePDFServicePaul a workflow that you (or someone else) has built?  I've seen other failures, but I'm not familiar with any with the "Paul" suffix.

Level 2

No I had not built any work flow like that...what is that "Paul" ?

Level 3

Hi,

This problem may occurred when using VM as your livecycle server, and a change happened to the VM's ip address or to the VM's network adapter type (from NAT to bridged).

this change may cause such error, so you can check your VM's ip.

Regards

Hussam