Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with fileShare Pod.

Former Community Member

Hi every one

i am using fileshare pod in an lccs based application and  facing a problem with fileshare pod.i create the pod after loing to the lccs appplication and when the synchronization event is called i load all the pods like fileshare ,whiteBoard, etc.and then pass them the connectionSession.all other pods are working but file share pod loses its connection with the service.

Its

fileSharePod.isSynchronized

property is seting to false and upload and down button is disabled.

if any one understand the problem please guide me.thanks

regards

xaiban

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Xaiban,

Not sure what the problem might be. Can you please share your code. I can take a look and resolve the issue for you.

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have a few questions. Are you creating all these pods in actionscript ? If so, are you calling subscribe after creating ? There could be a bug on our side, can you please share a simple code where you login to the room and in sync change create fileshare pod and call subscribe?

Let me know if you can do that or else I will put an example myself.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Hironmay & Arun

in my application i am creating my all pods in action script

here is my code,it is not the complete code because it is in different files and too long,but the flow of creation of the pods is such like this.if you may tackle the issue it is too good otherwise i will send you the complete code.

lccsConnectSession is the id of connectSessionContainer and iam creating this in mxml
private function init()
{
lccsConnectSession.addEventListener(SessionEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE,onSync_Handler);
}

private function loginToLCCSService(uname:String,pwd:String,displayName:String):void
     {
      serviceAuthenticator=new AdobeHSAuthenticator();
      serviceAuthenticator.addEventListener(AuthenticationEvent.AUTHENTICATION_SUCCESS,loginSuccess_Handler);
      serviceAuthenticator.addEventListener(AuthenticationEvent.AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE,loginFailure_Handler);

serviceAuthenticator.userName=uname;
      serviceAuthenticator.password=pwd;
      if(serviceAuthenticator.userName.length>0 && serviceAuthenticator.password.length>0)
      {
       //Alert.show("host login"+serviceAuthenticator.userName+":"+serviceAuthenticator.password);
       lccsConnectSession.authenticator=serviceAuthenticator;
          lccsConnectSession.login();
      }
      else
      {
       Alert.show("Invalide Password Or ID");
      }

}
        private function onSync_Handler(event:SessionEvent):void
  {

if(!lccsConnectSession.isSynchronized)
   {
      Alert.show("your connection with the service is lost.\n Do you want ot Reconnect?","!Warning",Alert.YES|Alert.NO,this,conAlertClose_Hanlder);

}
   else
   {

createSharedCollectionNode();
    createPods();
           lccsConnectSession.userManager.setUserDisplayName(lccsConnectSession.userManager.getUserDescriptor(lccsConnectSession.userManager.myUserID).userID,displayName1);
   }

}
private function createPods():void
  {
   //Alert.show("hostAppload");

createScreenSharePod();
   createSharedWhiteBoardPod();
       createTextChatPod();
            createVideoChatPod();
            createSharedNotesPod();
              createSharedFilesPod();

}
       private function createSharedFilesPod():void
    {
       fileSharePod=new FileShare();
       fileSharePod.addEventListener(CollectionNodeEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE,onSyn);
       fileSharePod.id="fshare";
       fileSharePod.connectSession=lccsConnectSession;
       fileSharePod.subscribe();

}
private function onSyn(event:CollectionNodeEvent):void
    {
     Alert.show("synchange"+fileSharePod.isSynchronized);
    }
like createSharedFilesPod method ,i create the other pods like whiteBoard,sharedNotes,chatPod etc

Former Community Member

hi Hironmay

I have found a problem ,may be that is the cause of issue of fileShare Pod.

when some one enters with a role of Guest to my application ,it remains connected for some time ,but after some time guest connection with the service is lost at the same time file sharePod's  upload button disappears on HOST side.When this occurs i checked the roomConsole form navigator,i found that the room State was set to ended.can the roomSate is set automaically? bcz when i run application and enter as a host the roomstate was set to active.after some time automatically it changed to ended and the user with the role guest or viewer disappear from the list,and his connection with the service disconnected automatically........

this is actually strage???...waiting for your respons...........

Thanks

Regards

Xaibaan

Former Community Member

This is really strange. Is it a very old or a connectnow room ? Can you

try with a new room and see if this problem still happens.

Let us know and then I will try to run against your room.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi

no it is not a very old room i created this room just one month ago on dev portal.but my problem is solved i just set the room state to active on the host entry to the application .now it does not change automatically to ended.it works fine now.thanks for your response.

regards

Xaibaan