Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with date field

Level 2

Hi,

I've created some forms in Livecycle. In these forms there date fields. All set to display in the English format i.e 21/02/2013 or 21 Feb 2013. I've no reported problems until know. Someone is using them on Linux and has reported that the date fields are appearing in the US type format as can be seen here

I've tried to get my fields to do same in Windows just to see if can find out what's going on but they always display in the format I set which is in English. Could it be a Linux thing? The field I've used is the standard Date/Time field dragged from the object library that defaults to date and the Locale is set to English UK.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Did you actually set the display pattern to what you wanted or they just display that way already? On my US setup Windows, the default is to display in US date format. I would bet the same form on your Windows machine would be in UK format. Where ever that comes from in the OS, the Linux machines are probably set to US format.Set the display pattern and it should be the same for everyone.

Level 2

They are set to display that way already and are not set for OS as it's source. In Object-Field-Locale they are set to 'Default Locale'-English United Kingdom.

I might try setting the display pattern and e-mailing that to the Linux guy and see what happens.