Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem with a table that user can add rows to

Level 2

I have a form that has a table with header.  I have included a button that users can click to add rows to the table.  I have gotten a few forms back where for some reason the header row has been repeated.  I haven't been able to recreate this on my end and my users can't identify exactly what they are doing to get those extra header rows.  I have included screen shots of the problem pages here.  I would love to upload the form since I believe my issue is with the script, but can't seem to do that.  I'm signed in to adobe.com, but when I go to new and documents and upload a file, everything is greyed out.  Am I missing something that would enable me to upload the document? Specific instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Problem pg1.jpgProblem pg2.jpg

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can't upload files to the forums. Best bet is to upload to a file sharing site like Acrobat.com, publish it and then share your published link here.

I suspect that in the Object > Binding palette that the Header row is also set to repeat. This should not be the case. Only the repeating Body Row should be repeatable. Also check that the Table object is not set to repeat.

Niall

Level 2

Thanks for the directions to upload.  Here is the url to the source document.

https://acrobat.com/#d=YfSOVT5SpvtIi9E9GYSItA

I will try checking those issues you mentioned to see if that works.

Level 10

Hi,

I can't access the file, as it is not published.

In Acrobat.com you publish the file before people with the URL can actually access it:

Acrobat.com publish.png

Niall

Level 2

I apologize for that.  I missed a step.  It has been published now.

https://acrobat.com/#d=YfSOVT5SpvtIi9E9GYSItA

Level 10

Hi,

For both/all tables the HeaderRow should not be set to repeat (see the Object > Binding palette). Go to the HeaderRow in the hierarchy (for each table) and untick the "Repeat Row.."

Parallels Desktop1.png

That should solve the problem.

Niall