Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem when I Extend Features into Adobe Reader

Level 1

I have created a form in LiveCycle that has some simple formulas for calulating totals in tables.  The form works perfectly when I preview it in LiveCylce and when I open it with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0.  However, when I use Acrobate Pro to Extend Features in Adobe Reader, then open the form in Reader, the form goes berzerk.  Certain totals in one of my tables refuse to calculate (while the totals in the row beneath it work fine).  Also some of my rows mysteriously begin repeating, some of them as many as 7 times!  Now my tables are too large to fit on the page, because the rows are duplicating.

The tables are nearly identical.  Any thoughts as to why some of them are not translating to Reader?

4 Replies

Level 4

I highly doubt that these problems have to do with reader extensions.  All that reader extensions does is to add some bits (let's call it a signature) that allows extra rights such as saving the form.  Two questions:

1. Why did you reader-extend the form in the first place?  Is it for later parts of a workflow (allowing saving the filled-in form?)
  2. Does the problem happen in reader when the form is not reader-extended, but does happen when it does?

Level 1

Yes, I am reader-extending so that others can save data into the form.

If I open the form in reader, when the form is not reader-extended, it works fine (other than not letting me save data).

Level 10

Can you share your form?

I believe it's a problem caused by a global binding somewhere in the form.

Level 1

Yes I'm glad to share.  Can I email it to you?