Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problem Removing a Table Row Instance.

Level 2

Hi All.

I will try and explain this as best possible.

I have a pdf form with a Table object on it.

The table has 3 columns and 2 rows. One header row, one empty row.

The cells in each column is a textfield which data binding is set to $record.data.mydata[*]

I also have 2 buttons on the form. One to ADD a new row to the end of the table and one to REMOVE the last row from the table.

When I open the form in Acrobat Pro, I can click on the ADD row button and it works. I save the file and the newly created row is still there when I open the file at a later stage.

Then when I click on the REMOVE row button, it removes the last row from the table perfectly. Bur then I save the form, close it, re-open it and the row I just REMOVED is still there.

Now here is the funny part.

When I change the textfields Data Binding to Normal, everything works 100% and the form can be saved without the row I removed. Change the Data Binding back to the $record thing and it does not save the form when I remove the row.

I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

Thanks to all.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You should leave the '$record' binding on the cells, just set all the aforementioned bindings to 'None'. Then if you import xml into the form, the table should grow as expected. Attached is sample xml for you to import into the form. You will notice the table grows nicely. The pdf must be saved as a dynamic pdf for this to work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Set the binding to 'None' on Row 1, Table 1 and page 1. I've just done that and it seems to be working now (if i understood your post correctly).

Level 2

Hi.

Thanks. Yes you are correct. That does work.

But the problem is that a user can also choose to dynamically populate this field. They upload a comma seperated file. I then dynamically build xml from it which I then attach to the form to auto populate the table.

That is why I have to put the $record thing on each cell so I can populate it.

If I make the Data Binding Normal, is there another way to populate the table automatically?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You should leave the '$record' binding on the cells, just set all the aforementioned bindings to 'None'. Then if you import xml into the form, the table should grow as expected. Attached is sample xml for you to import into the form. You will notice the table grows nicely. The pdf must be saved as a dynamic pdf for this to work.

Level 2

Man you are the KING.

It is funny how the simple things are always the most difficult.

Thanks again.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----