Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem connecting LC Designer 8.2 Form to a Oracle DB

Level 3

Hi,

Sorry to post this in a LC ES 2 forum but I cannot find other one related to LC in our privates forums..

I having a problem using LC Designer 8.2 In a DataConnection (OLEDB) selecting StoreProcedure and using this connection chain:

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=ventanilla;Data Source=prototipo_adhoc;ExtendedProperties="DSN=prototipo_adhoc;UID=ventanilla;DBQ=EASTMANDIDT;DBA=W;APA=T;EXC=F;FEN=T;QTO=T;FRC=10;FDL=10;LOB=T;RST=T;BTD=F;BNF
=F;BAM=IfAllSuccessful;NUM=NLS;DPM=F;MTS=T;MDI=F;CSR=F;FWC=F;FBS=64000;TLO=O;"

Do you know what's happening? Maybe I have to add the parameters to the store procedure??

Also I was wondering to my self why when I connect to the DB the combo-box shows me all the objects in the DB and not only those one I have access as an autentticated user... The same happens about the store procedures...

I'm attach print-screen of the LC DS error...

Thanks,

Carlos

11 Replies

Former Community Member

I would start by making sure that you can connect to the DB first ...can you simply access a table and see if you can get the data returned? This will ensure that we have the proper connectivity from from to DB before we get a more complicated scenario with the stored procedure.

Paul

Level 3

Hi Paul,

The connection with the DB is ok.

Attached the form we're using.

What I have to check?

Cheers,

Carlos

Level 3

Adding more info, we're using LC Designer 8.2.1.3144

Thanks,

Carlos

Former Community Member

What do you expect to happen when you make the call to the stored procedure (from a form perspective)?

Paul

Level 3

Hi Paul,

The goal is to be able to make an update on a DB using a store procedure for example.

We already read tables and insert data from a form.

In a prototype we're building with the customer we access two Oracle DBs on two differents servers with the same form where the data is showed..

But when we try to call a store procedure we get an error...

Regards,

Carlos

Former Community Member

I just tried calling a system stored procedure sp_spaceused and it worked fine .....what is the error that you are getting?

Paul

Level 3

Sorry for the delay Paul. I have several threads running around here.

The error is showed on the print-screen attached in the opening post...

Can I search in other place in the file system where LC Designer is installed for more detailed info about the error itself (like a log file..)?

Thanks,

Carlos

Former Community Member

The error is coming from the ODBC driver so that is all you get ....can you translate it for me .....my Spanish is no good so I do not know what it says.

Paul

Level 3

Yes, it will be something like:

"The store procedure "PUBLICA_COMUNICACION" cannot be executed"

Not very indicative...

Regards,

Carlos

Former Community Member

Could it be a rights issue .....can you execute other system stored procedures?

That is all the information that is being returned .....is there a trace on teh DB that can be turned on to see if something is wrong from that side?

Paul