Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problem compiling SimpleChatExample

Level 2

Hi-

I'm trying to use the Flex SDK to compile the SimpleChatExample.

Here's my command line:

david@nebula-worker01:~/flashdev/afcs_sdk$ ~/flashdev/flex_sdk/bin/mxmlc -compiler.library-path+=com.adobe.afcs/libs/player10/afcs.swc com.adobe.afcs/sampleApps/SimpleChat/SimpleChatExample.mxml
Loading configuration file /home/david/flashdev/flex_sdk/frameworks/flex-config.xml
/home/david/flashdev/afcs_sdk/com.adobe.afcs/sampleApps/SimpleChat/SimpleChatExample.mxml(16):  Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: SimpleChatModel.

public var chatModel:SimpleChatModel;

/home/david/flashdev/afcs_sdk/com.adobe.afcs/sampleApps/SimpleChat/SimpleChatExample.mxml(22):  Error: Call to a possibly undefined method SimpleChatModel.

chatModel = new SimpleChatModel();

/home/david/flashdev/afcs_sdk/com.adobe.afcs/sampleApps/SimpleChat/SimpleChatExample.mxml(32):  Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ChatMessageDescriptor.

var cmd:ChatMessageDescriptor = new ChatMessageDescriptor();

/home/david/flashdev/afcs_sdk/com.adobe.afcs/sampleApps/SimpleChat/SimpleChatExample.mxml(32):  Error: Call to a possibly undefined method ChatMessageDescriptor.

var cmd:ChatMessageDescriptor = new ChatMessageDescriptor();

Do you have any ideas why it isn't picking up SimpleChatModel and ChatMessageDescriptor from afcs.swc?

(I'm probably doing something dumb)

Thanks

David

2 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Recently the SimpleChatModel was moved to a different location within the SDK and the example was not updated. Please replace line 10

import com.adobe.rtc.pods.simpleChatClasses.SimpleChatModel

with

import com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel.SimpleChatModel

and line 8

import com.adobe.rtc.pods.simpleChatClasses.ChatMessageDescriptor;

with

import com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel.descriptors.ChatMessageDescriptor;

This should fix your issue. The examples would be updated in the next SDK release.

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

Hi,

I verified and It works fine for the afcs.swc you have. You need to change the paths of both SimpleChatModel as well as ChatMessageDescriptor as they have been moved to com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel directory.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu