Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Printing of a page set to Visible (Screen Only)

Level 1

The first page of our form is an instruction page.

We do not wish that page to be printed when the form is printed by the user.

The page object is set to "Visible (Screen Only)". However, when the form is printed the first page is still produced - but is blank.

Is there a way of completely suppressing the printing of that page?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Try this .....On the preprint event make its presence hidden and on the post print event make th epresence visible. This assumes that you have a dynamic form.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Try this .....On the preprint event make its presence hidden and on the post print event make th epresence visible. This assumes that you have a dynamic form.

Paul

Level 1

Many thanks, Paul.

Simple and very effective!

You don't know the answer to my other query do you?

Many thanks again

Stephen

Former Community Member

I only see one question on surpressing the  1st page ....am I missing something?

Paul

Level 1

It is the question re 'fields not matching in responses file'. I have had one response last night from Lee Sutton but the query is ongoing.

Again, many thanks for your assistance.

Stephen

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I have a similar situation as the one Stephen described in this thread, except that we want the first page* to be smaller than the other pages.  So I have two pages in the page set.  And even though I have specified that the first page in the page set is to be visible only on screen, a blank page prints out.  I applied the solution to gave to Stephen, and it didn't work.  After playing with it for a while, I found that the reason it doesn't work is because I have two pages defined in the page set and the first page is set to a max occurrence of one.  It seems that if you have a page set to visible (screen only) and a max occurrence of one, Adobe gets conflicted and prints out a blank page.

I've tried all kinds of things like setting the max occurance to 0 or -1 in the preprint event but I haven't been able to fix it!

Any ideas would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance,

Susan

*The first page of the document is used as a dialog box.  The user makes all selections from this page to determine which pages in the document will be generated.

Former Community Member

You must always have the 1st page of the pageset visible, so what if you flipped the pages around so that your regular page was the 1st one and your smaller page was the second one. Then in your design you could assign the 2nd master page (the smaller one) to your 1st page and because it is a second page you can affect the max occurances.

Make sense?

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----