Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Printing a form in original- and in an edited-version.

Former Community Member

Hi there,

i have a little problem with a form and i'm full of hope someone can help me.

Problem: I need two printed versions of a filled form. One for customer 1 and another for customer 2. This should happen on a single click on a print button. Version 1 is what you see on the screen. Version 2 has some changes. There must be a textchange (textfield: "customer 1" to "customer 2") and a subform that must be hidden. And now there comes the ugly truth: After printing, i need the form in the unchanged version (if you need to change something after printing without refilling the whole form).

Example: In the attached PDF are the main required fields. I want to change the text in the gobal-field "version" (this.rawValue = 'customer 2') and hide the subform "text" on the second page (this subform will allways appear on the last page of the forms).

I'm not getting it. Is it the wrong way? Could it work, if i duplicate the whole form and edit the duplicates?

Is there a way to get my ideas running?

Thanks for your help and please excuse my english.

If you find mistakes, keep them. I don't need them anymore.

Florian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Because you have brought the form in from another document, you can not save it as dynamic. You can import a PDF to a flowable layout (dynamic), but the content will come in as static artwork. Sometimes you are better starting from scratch with a new form.

In order to show/hide objects the form needs to be saved as dynamic PDF in LC Designer.

Example attached (new form). The script is spread over a couple of buttons that are hidden to the user.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Because you have brought the form in from another document, you can not save it as dynamic. You can import a PDF to a flowable layout (dynamic), but the content will come in as static artwork. Sometimes you are better starting from scratch with a new form.

In order to show/hide objects the form needs to be saved as dynamic PDF in LC Designer.

Example attached (new form). The script is spread over a couple of buttons that are hidden to the user.

Good luck,

Niall