to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

print to pdf not working on xml form

bnob35
Level 2
Level 2

I have created an xml form in live cycle that I would like to make a regular pdf upon finalization so I can combine with another file.  The way I would like it to work is that a user fills out the form, signs and then sends to another user to sign off and on to the last and then it is finalized and converted to a regular pdf and then the form is combined with a regular pdf.  I have read many of the forums about removing the script, print to pdf, etc.  The option that works best for me since I want it to be dynamic until the last person signs off, is to print to a pdf but that is not working for me.  After I have finished filling out the form I sign it and save.  I then open it and print to pdf.  It is then saving as a regular file that I then have to convert in acrobat distiller to a pdf.  From reading other posts I should only have to print to pdf and it would create a flat file that I can then merge with a regular pdf but that is not what is happening.  Am I missing an option in the print settings or in my form?  This is too many steps for users.

Thanks

0 Replies