Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

prevent save - only allow "save as"

Level 2

Good morning all Guru's

I created a form in life cycle designer. Entry form with different field that need to be send. Then publish the form as PDF, and I can open the form and use in Adobe.

However when done I do NOT want people to save the form with the added data. The form must ONLY be allowed to be SAVED AS. Therefore I want the master form to always remain with blank fields. Currenly when I close the pdf it ask me if I would like to save and if I then save the form all the fields data entered is being saved with the form.

How would I accomplish this. Sorry if it is a noob question, yes I am new to Adobe. Please be kind.

Regards

Johan

1 Reply

Level 2

This probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but the only solution that occurs to me is to mark the file as read-only in Windows. (Right-click, select Properties from the menu, select the Read-only checkbox, then click OK.) That would prevent Acrobat from overwriting it with the filled-in version. I'm not aware of anything within Acrobat itself to accomplish this, but maybe someone else has a better idea.