Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Prevent email after click on signature field

Former Community Member

I have a certified rights-enabled XFA form with a signature field and a Form Bridge.  I want the form user, using the Internet Explorer Adobe Reader plugin,  to sign the form, and save the signed PDF (not just the XML data) to disk.

When the user selects the "Sign Document" menu in Reader, the user is taken to Signature Preview mode.  After signing the document, the user can save the signed PDF document using Reader.

If instead the user clicks on SignatureField1, as before the user is taken to Signature Preview mode, but also an unwanted Outlook email window pops up with no addressee and the unsigned XML data as an attachment.  How do I suppress this behavior of SignatureField1, i.e., how do I suppress the email window?  In LC I see no scripts for any events on SignatureField1, nor do I see any configuration settings that would cause the SignatureField1 to act like an Email Submit button.  I have no Email Submit button on the form.  I'm not sure what the Form Bridge is doing in this regard.

--Steve

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Steve,

Was the form Reader Enabled in Acrobat v8 or below? The behaviour seems like the form was enabled through the 'distribute form' route and that this has picked up that the form is to be submitted.

Niall

Former Community Member

The form was rights-enabled with Acrobat Pro 9.3.4.

--Steve

Former Community Member

I deleted SignatureField1 and replaced it.  I no longer get unwanted email windows.

Thanks -- problem solved.

--Steve