Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Prevent editing form but still allow filling of form

Level 2

I would like to password protect form from being edited in livecycle by other designers and still allow client to use all the dynamic and interactive functions of the form without a password.  In other words I want to prevent people from stealing my stuff.  Can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found that if I go into form properties>PDF Security and set up as shown in the screen shot below the user can fill, sign, save and print in Reader DC and Acrobat DC but it can not opened in Livecycle to edit or steal my work without my password. It is my understanding though that there is third party software out there that can get around it.  I wish Adobe would come up with a security system that is harder to hack.

1496427_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

As far as i know, the best you can do for Livecycle protection is to protect the whole form from editing. It doesnt seem to support individual user access passwords.

I understand where you are coming from, as I am the only one who knows Livecycle in my office and I would not be happy to surrender any of my javascript which took me many years of learning and development (and frustration). Although technically for me, if i make it in the office, the company owns it. Good luck to them deciphering it

1496256_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found that if I go into form properties>PDF Security and set up as shown in the screen shot below the user can fill, sign, save and print in Reader DC and Acrobat DC but it can not opened in Livecycle to edit or steal my work without my password. It is my understanding though that there is third party software out there that can get around it.  I wish Adobe would come up with a security system that is harder to hack.

1496427_pastedImage_0.png