Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Presence Values do not get saved

Level 2

Hi,

I have a form with some radio buttons and textboxes. Depending on the selection of the radio button, I am setting the visibility (presence) of textboxes. It works fine and the textboxes get hidden or show as required. But when I save the form and re-open it, the radio button selection is saved and restored, however the presence values on the textbox get reset. Any idea if I am missing something.

I tried adding the same code that hides/shows the textboxes to radiobutton initialize event and I can restore the visibility state that way, however the problem with this approach is that, if you just open the form and try to close it, the reader will prompt you to save changes. Any workarounds for this?

Thanks

Shreedhar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You set this in LC Designer. It will be applied automatically when the form is opened in Acrobat.

Users do not need to make any changes.

As Srini said, users with Reader will not be able to save changes to the form, unless you have Reader Enabled it first. There is a summary of deployment options here: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Did you set the Save changes setting to "Automatically"? in the Default tab of the File menu -> Form Properties

You need to reader extend the form to save the changes. Open the form in Acrobat Pro and then choose Advanced menu-> Extend Features in Acrobat Reader and save the file.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Hi Shreedhar,

If you check the File > Form Properties > Defaults tab. The "Preserve scripting changes" should be set to Automatic.

Parallels Desktop2.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Ahh, I think this comes pretty close. Is this setting done

on my file in the Life Cycle designer, or all the clients who open my PDF should make this change?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You set this in LC Designer. It will be applied automatically when the form is opened in Acrobat.

Users do not need to make any changes.

As Srini said, users with Reader will not be able to save changes to the form, unless you have Reader Enabled it first. There is a summary of deployment options here: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Got it working now. Great insight you have guys. Thanks Niall & Srini for you help. Appreciate it.

Shreedhar

Level 2

Do you have any problems when saving across different versions of Adobe Reader?

We are experiencing problems when saving in 9.0 and opening in 9.4, and vice versa.