Expand my Community achievements bar.

Presence of subform depends on number of pages

Level 3

I am putting together a form that starts as one page, but can expand to multiple pages based on user input. I am trying to figure out the best way to make a certain subform appear on the first page of the form ONLY when the form expands to multipe pages.

Anyone have a good idea?

A little more detail: this form has a "Totals" field that is calculated based on various data that the users input. For company reasons, this field has to be at the end of the form. This is fine when the form info is all contained on one page. However, when the form has to expand to multiple pages, that totals field can't be seen on page 1 which is makes it hard for support staff to quickly know what the total score was. So management wants to had a mirrored total field that appears on the 1st page ONLY as soon as the form has to expand to an additional page.

I thought it would be good to call a script evertime there was a change in the number of pages, but I couldn't figure out the best place to put the call. The subform is set to hidden at initialization and should appear when the page count goes to 2 or more. If data is deleted and the page count returns to 1, then that subform should be set to hidden again.

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be grately appreciated.

Dave

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Dave,

One cheap and cheerful approach would be to place the Totals field on a Master page that is restricted to one instance. You would need a second Master page for all subsequent pages.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Then on the second page of the form you would set the pagination to the new Page2 Master page:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 3

Hi Niall,

I can make a second master page, but what I don't understand is how to make that "Total" box appear on the first page only IF the form ends up having more than one page.

Dave

Level 10

Hi Dave,

If you take the total field off the design view and put it onto the

first master page, then it will only appear on the first page.

Provided you have set subsequent pages to be based on the second

master page.

Note you will need to resolve the nodes in the script on order for the

total field to talk from the master page.

Niall