Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Prepopulate Form Guide

Former Community Member

Hi all,

Is there anyone who can help me about how to render a form guide as prepopulated on server side? Any documentation or sample gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance

Murat

3 Replies

Level 8

Assuming you are using a process in Workbench, populate an xfaForm variable with the data using Set Value. Use the correct structure for the data. Then, configure the render and submit properties of the variable (see http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000928.html). Use the xfaForm variable with the Assign Task operation (User Service).

Hope that helps. If you need more details, let me know.

scott

Former Community Member

First of all thanks for reply, Step in my process are;

Query for Multiple Rows as XML : I used this operation to get data form db and put it into xml variable.

Read Resource Content: It is used for get pdf from the repository and put it into a document variable. (pdf also includes .swc )

Set Value1: It is used to put xml variable into xfa  variable

Set Value2: It is used to put xfa variable into document  variable

importData: It is merging document variable with the pdf document that is got from repository.

renderFormGuide: It is used to render populated pdf as form guide.

Process is working without errors. It is merging data into pdf and we can see filled pdf after importdata operation. But when we render it as form guide, fields are empty.  We will not use form guide in workspace, we are plannig to get the Remote URL to use in webservice

Thanks in advance

Murat

Level 8

The renderFormGuide operation takes the PDF form and the data as input. The operation merges the form and the data. I'm not sure why you are merging the data and the form before using that operation.

I suspect that is where the problem lies. But I admit I do not have a lot of experience in this area.

scott