Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Populating a table with values from nested subforms / instances

Former Community Member

Hi,

Desperate newbie here ….  

I have an Order form which is adjustable by the User.

First they insert a main category.   (like Software, Hardware, Spare parts ….)

Each category can have several sub categories   (like Adobe, Microsoft …..)

Every main category is placed on a new page (made it like this just to make it look better)

On the bottom of each main category there is a total subform (Software TOTAL, Hardware TOTAL ….)

orderform_01.gif

All works like a charm and looks great.

But now I want a listing (SUMMARY) which shows all TOTAL from each category.

Since I don't now how many main categories will be filled in I think I need a dynamically growing table.

And that is where I stuck since 3 days ….

Would please be someone so kind and give me a small sample ….

Thank you so much for your help.

Jixin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I think this is what you are after. I put the code on a button at the end of the doc so it woudl be easier to debug. As well you can merge a data file onto the form (under Preview) in form properties so that you do not have to import each time.

Anyways have a look and tell me what you think.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Jixin,

I've attached the dynamic interactive purchase order form from Adobe's samples.

It also has expandable table with totals,

Yan.

Former Community Member

Hi Yan,

Thanks for your reply, but this was not what I was looking for.

The sample file is just a normal expandable table.

I have several sections (choosen by the user - maybe up to 10) with each also nested result forms.

Those results should be displayed as a summary on the last page of the complete form.

Any ideas?

Former Community Member

If you post your form and let us know what field syou want to total I can give it a try.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for taking an interest.

My problem might seem stupid to all the advanced users - but I had to start somewhere.

After reading pretty much all the posts and help-files I’m more confused then ever …

Well then, here we go.

I attached my form and for better understanding what it will later look like a sample data file.

I do appreciate and eagerly await any tips, hints, help, sample code and what ever I can get.

Thanks again

Jixin

(just to be safe the second pdf should include the sample data ...)

Former Community Member

Is this form going to be interactive (a user entering information) or are you going to feed it data files and the result of the merge operation is what you are after?

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I think this is what you are after. I put the code on a button at the end of the doc so it woudl be easier to debug. As well you can merge a data file onto the form (under Preview) in form properties so that you do not have to import each time.

Anyways have a look and tell me what you think.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

This was exactly what I needed.

Thank you so much for your help.

You are a genius!!!! 

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----