Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Populating a PDF template using an XML file

Level 2

I created a PDF template file in LiveCycle Designer that holds labels that are replaced with data held in an XML file that I import using the Acrobat. I would like to know if there is a way to populate the PDF template programmatically (Webservice or JAVA).

Thanks

Eli

5 Replies

Level 8

If you want to do it server side then you would use either LiveCycle Forms or LiveCycle Output (depending if you want the form interactive or not).

If you want to do it client side then you would make a web service connection in the form itself.  Your form would need to be Reader Extended so that users with the free Reader could make the web service call.

Level 2

Thank you for the fast answer. I found this (http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?...) it gives the web-services available. I see there the two products you mentioned (LiveCycle Forms and LiveCycle Output) but I am not sure what I need. I currently have running on my server the LiveCycle Rights Management, and I need to run a console in the background that will populate a PDF template. What product do I need to add? I don't think I need it to be interactive. All I need is to give the web-service or program the PDF template and the XML data and it will return a PDF document.

Thanks again

Eli

Level 8

Since you don't need your form to be interactive once the data is merged, then you should look at Output

Level 2

One last question, How do I add the LiveCycle Output to my existing LiveCycle Rights Management? Is there any documentation to help me? and can I get a trial version to try it out?

Thanks for all your help

Eli

Level 8

Re run the LiveCycle Configuration manager on your server (back up the server  and database first).