Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Populate a large paragraph from a drop-down selection

Level 1

Hi,

I've been trying various scripts but I continue to get syntax errors no matter what I try. I am working on project that would require 1 of 4 states to be selected from a drop down that would populate the corresponding state's licensing info. Code below. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks so much! 

if(event.value=="Oklahoma")this.getField("Licensure".value="Oklahoma Licensing for MD’s: Application can be found on their website, listed below. The process typically takes about 60-90 days from the time you apply to issuance of a number, so please apply as early as possible (6 months pre-start is optimal). Failure to apply for an Oklahoma license on time, could potentially delay your start date. For more information and to download the application, please go to the Oklahoma Medical Board website: http://www.okmedicalboard.org/resources or you may call them at (405) 962-1400.

Oklahoma Licensing for DO’s: Application can be found on their website, listed below. The Board will review your application at one of the regularly scheduled Board meetings before granting you a license. The Board meets quarterly – the third Thursdays of March, June and September and the second Thursday of December. In planning your practice activity, allow an ample timeframe to achieve licensure. Their staff must have time to receive and process your application before it is presented to the Board and to determine if it is necessary for you to appear for a personal interview on Board meeting day. Applications not completed by the first day of each meeting month (March, June, September, or December) may not be presented for approval until the next quarterly meeting. We suggest starting the process 6 months prior to your start date to ensure it does not affect your start date. For more information and to download the application, please go to the OK State Board of Osteopathic Examiners website: http://www.ok.gov/osboe/Forms/Forms_for_Physicians/index.html or you may call them at (405) 528-8625.

OBNDD – Oklahoma Division of Health/Bureau of Narcotics & Dangerous Drugs (OBNDD, general information 800.522.8031). Please send this application in as soon as you get an Oklahoma license number and an OBNDD number will be issued typically within a week of your application. We encourage you to check on-line to make sure they have your current practice address correct. If they don’t, this could hold up your file and potentially affect your start date. Please note you must have a NON EXEMPT OBNDD. To download the application, please go to: https://www.ok.gov/obndd/documents/PRACTITIONER_APPLICATION.pdf

DEA - Drug Enforcement Administration. If you have a current DEA license, you will need to update your practice address. If you do not have a current DEA license, you will need to apply for one online. Please note that you cannot apply for your DEA until you have an Oklahoma license number and OBNDD. Please note you must have a NON-EXEMPT DEA to work at Mercy. Please be sure to submit this application as soon as you have both of those completed. Apply for your DEA online at: www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov
"; else this.getField("Licensure").value="";

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Problem 1: this.getField("Licensure".value="... is missing a bracket: this.getField("Licensure").value=

Problem 2: You cannot spread a string over many lines like that in JavaScript. 

var text = "begins at first line

and continues next line"; throws an error

var text = "begins at first line \

and continues next line";

or 

var text = "begins at first line " + 

"and continues next line";

For a newline use \n 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Problem 1: this.getField("Licensure".value="... is missing a bracket: this.getField("Licensure").value=

Problem 2: You cannot spread a string over many lines like that in JavaScript. 

var text = "begins at first line

and continues next line"; throws an error

var text = "begins at first line \

and continues next line";

or 

var text = "begins at first line " + 

"and continues next line";

For a newline use \n