Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

popular barcode

Level 4

hello, I have a problem with the barcode.

I have a pdf document with many pages, with a button I have to populate a barcode (PaperFormsBarcode1) with the data in the PDF document

you know how can I do??

7 Replies

Former Community Member

You are not limited to the number of barcodes that you can have on your form so you can add a barcode to each page of your form, or as many barcodes on the page as you require to capture all of the data (allow for about 800-1000 characters per barcode).

Ideally you could create a "signature" page at the end of your document that includes your signature line along with all of the barcodes, it may make for a cleaner-looking form.

Former Community Member

Just to add on to the explanation, each of the barcodes can be configured in the "value" section to hold specific items from the form.  You can select all of the data from the form or create "collections" of data to hold specific items from each of the pages of your form (or subforms).

Level 4

hello, is it ok I created a collection
now my problem is that I use two barcode this because I have a lot of data to manage more than 1800

know how I can do ?????

Former Community Member

If you are using two barcodes then you will need two collections.  In the value section of the barcode simply create another collection for the second barcode and then select that collection.

Can I assume you are not capturing data from a dynamic table?

Level 4

hello thanks for the reply I have many fields, where the customer can enter as many and can create new instance of objects.

Of course I use two collections???
I can not use a collection with two barcode ?????

Former Community Member

Understood.  If you're using dynamic forms then the collections won't work for you.  The collection will only "see" the first instance of the subform.  You will need to do something like in this sample: http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p52549088/.

This sample shows you how to manually encode data into your barcode from a subform that repeats.  Ideally you would not use XML or any special characters in your data but this worked well for demonstration purposes.

Level 4
thanks I'll try the example and let you know

thanks again