Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

PLEASE HELP ME GET PREVIEW TO APPEAR

Former Community Member

I cannot see the preview tab when using designer. The preview option is grayed out in the menu. I had Adobe Pro installed. That is uninstalled. I installed Designer with Workbench. Designer was uninstalled and installed from a standalone zip file. I cannot do my work. Please tell me why I cannot see the Preview Tab.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Short term fix: close both programmes down, open Acrobat before you open LC Designer.

If you search the forum, there are detailed solutions.

Niall

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I had the similar issue in the past.. I had reinstalled the Adobe Acrobat and the issue is resolved.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

This didn't help. I went to the Adobe site and installed the latest Adobe reader. Thanks for replying. I wissh it had worked.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Short term fix: close both programmes down, open Acrobat before you open LC Designer.

If you search the forum, there are detailed solutions.

Niall

Former Community Member

Magic! The preview does not appear within Designer however, but in a popup window. At least I can work. Thanks for the help. I searched with Google but didn't find any solutions. Since you say they're there I'll try again.

Level 10

The other thing you might check is the preferences within Acrobat itself. Go to the Internet tab and tick (or untick) Display PDF in Browser.

Acrobat prefs.png

I have it working, so I am not going to try and break it - to show how to fix it ;-)

You can search the forums directly. When you open search select "more options" and scroll down and select LC Designer ES.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks. I saw reference to that in several places but looked in Designer rather than Acrobat.

Former Community Member

My steps to resolve the issue were:

1) Uninstall all Adobe software. The problem was probably Adobe Acrobat Pro but a certain starting point was required.

2) Delete everything in the registry containing 'Adobe". If inside a CLSID key delete the entire key. This was probably unnecessary but again, a certain starting point  was required, and the time it takes to install everything over and over again is too much.

3) Delete all Adobe folders in Program Files and Users.

4) Install the current Adobe Reader from the website.

5) Install the current Adobe Flash from the website.

6) Install LiveCycle Workbench including Designer. If no WorkBench then install just Designer.

7) install service packs for Workbench and Designer.

It's ridiculous to go through these steps. If I wanted to I could find what specific things in the registry or configuration files needed changing to make the problem go away. Adobe should do this. It's a shame Adobe allows a compatibility issue to exist between two software packages they sell themselves. At the very least they should provide a configuration screen to change needed parameters, or they could make a program available to fix it. No additional service pack is required, and it wouldn't take much work on their part.