Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Please help, big problem.....

Level 2

Is there anyone who can help me with the following problem;
I have made a form for my work and several computers can open this form, they al have to put input on that same form and the form is intalled on one disc, but they can al have access to this disc. But i want that only one person can work on the form and that others have to wait until the otherone is finished. In excel is this easy, if one person has opened the sheet a other person can only view and not work in the sheet. Is this also possible for my pdf form?

I already asked this earlier but couldn't get a saticfied answer, i really need this info, please help me.

Greetz Josh

4 Replies

Former Community Member

When each person opens the form then they will have their own copy. When they save it then it will overwrite the existing file unless they choose another file name. So last one to save will win. Note that a disc is not a means of controlling write access to the file. Why not have each person save their input to a new filename. Then you will have each set of inputs in a different file.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

this is my problem:  "When each person opens the form then they will have their own copy. When they save it then it will overwrite the existing file unless they choose another file name. So last one to save will win"

We al need to share this same form and have no seprate copy's. It is a form with patientsinformatient and w e al have to share this information with several unit. Is there no way to solve the probleem like excel does?

Former Community Member

Nope it does not work that way .....if you had a document management system that you put the form in then it could be doen but on a

stand alone disk it will not work that way.

Paul

Level 2

I think that the only solution is that i make a button in excel to my pdf and then my collegues will know that the pdf is openend.

It is a pitty that there is no other solution....