Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Persistant Everything

Level 1

I'm running into several problems. Maybe I'm missing something...

I was wondering how to change my Host name...

• in the AFCS Dev Console I clicked my Account name and then the Edit button.
    • I edited the "Display Name for this Account:"
    • I logged into my chat room to find that didn't change the Host name
    • I went back to the developer console and changed the name back to (what I thought was) my old display name

Next, I went to change persistItems to unchecked (which I assume is False)

• This was under CollectionNodes/chat > Node/history >Node Details/persistItems
    • All this did was make it so that no one could enter anything new into the chat window. When they tried, a new Item would appear inthe developer console that was the old line, and then it would disappear and nothing would happen... sooo

I tried to delete the room and start over.

• I deleted the room.
    • I tried to recreate the deleted room, but with the same name. I got an error that I needed to create a room with a unique name. (Obviously something somewhere still throught the room existed.)
    • I had to log out, log in again in the Dev Console to delete the room.
    • When I entered the newly created room through the Dev Console, the OLD NODES and permissions were STILL THERE.
    • I deleted the old nodes, deleted the old room, and recreated everything AGAIN.

I needed several rooms

• I created several rooms through the Dev Console
    • I went into each room and checked "Auto-Promote Users" under the Manage/Room Settings tab

I went to login to each room through the sample code I've always used to create my rooms and couldn't

• I used the code found here http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/afcs_gettingstarted.html and substituted my room URL, username, and password where appropriate.
    • I got the "Insufficient permissions"... "You must be the OWNER" error.
    • I AM the OWNER and I was logging in as the owner but couldn't get in!
    • Interestingly, the Dev Console was showing something strange when I tried this. Under the Manage tab for the room, under Current Users it had me logged in under Hosts as "First Last" for the name... but the name that came up... which should have ALSO been under Hosts and showed up as "First Last 2" instead came up under Participants as "first last"
    • So... apparently somewhere something is off and I am now "first last" adn NOT the OWNER of my rooms whenever I try to log in to them for the first time to set up the nodes.

So... now I'm completely stuck with needing working rooms and I have no way of initializing the collection nodes!

6 Replies

Level 1

I created a new account and everything works. This does not, however, solve the problem. I now have two non-working accounts and one working one. (for now)

Level 1

So, the new username that I created on Friday where everything was working beautifully, has now decided to NOT work. I can log in fine through the Dev Console, but when I run my swf that creates the collection nodes for a new room that I created today (Monday) it loggs me in as an anonymous user even though I'm using the OWNER username/password. It is NOT recognizing me as the owner when entering the room through a web browser.

My boss is furious and doesn't understand that I can't rewrite all internet technologies to get stuff to work properly. I REALLY NEED TO GET THIS WORKING NOW! PLEASE HELP!

Former Community Member

Hi Forsythes -

Which version of the SDK are you using? I'm guessing it's 0.91?

nigel

Level 1

Well, I'm using Flex 3.1 with the CocomoSDK (well, formerly Cocomo) SDK version 0.91.

Former Community Member

Cool - easy fix -- upgrade to .92. See the post on .92 for details.

nigel

Level 1

Thanks Nigel! That did in fact solve the issue... and now I feel silly for not checking there first!