Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Percentage field format

Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to livecycle designer and I need your valuable help!

I'm making a form and I need to have some percentage fields, with data entered by filling the form.

These percentage fields should have format 000%. Ex. 005%, 035%, 100%

There should be an error message when the user tries to input a num greater than 100,

Also, I don't know if it could be done, to have a calculator script that summarizes all the input data and verify that the summary is aways 100. Ex. if field1 input=50, field2 input=30, field3 input=20, field4 input=0, field5 input=0, then it's ok!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

the percentage fields often confuses users, as it internally calcultes with floating numbers between 0 and 1.

For example: If a users enters 0.77 it will display 77%.

When you want users to enter the same values that should represent the percentage value, then you can use a numeric pattern with a string for the %.

Num{999.8'%'}

To calculate a summary of fields you can use FormCalc ind the percentage fields calculate event.

var summary = Sum(field1, field2, field3, field4, field5)

if (summary gt 100) then

$host.messageBox("Summary cannot be more that 100%. Please check your data.")

$ = 0

else

$ = summary

endif

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

the percentage fields often confuses users, as it internally calcultes with floating numbers between 0 and 1.

For example: If a users enters 0.77 it will display 77%.

When you want users to enter the same values that should represent the percentage value, then you can use a numeric pattern with a string for the %.

Num{999.8'%'}

To calculate a summary of fields you can use FormCalc ind the percentage fields calculate event.

var summary = Sum(field1, field2, field3, field4, field5)

if (summary gt 100) then

$host.messageBox("Summary cannot be more that 100%. Please check your data.")

$ = 0

else

$ = summary

endif