Expand my Community achievements bar.

pdf preview: error

Level 1

i need help

When i click tab pdf preview in livecycle appera this:

error.jpg

Error: Warning security - "the current security settings do not allow the transfer of this file"

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hhugo

7 Replies

Former Community Member

It sounds like a permissions or OS level thing. I can tell what is supposed to happen and perhaps you can look at your security settings and see if thy are interfering.

When you hit Preview, Designer will call another program that will take your template definition (XDP file template) and make a PDF out of it. That PDF file is written to a temp location. The the temp PDF file is called and the associtaion that is established between PDF extensions and Acrobat in the OS is used to launch the ActiveX control inside the browser control in Designer. It soudns like the temp PDF file cannot be written to disk. It coudl be write permissions or the disk coudl be full...or something along that line.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 1

hi paul

i clean folder temp in appData >local, but problem dont desapear.

Any sugestion

Thanks for all

Hugo

Former Community Member

Other than what I have already suggested I do not have anything else .....can you create a file in that temp folder? Coudl your visrus scan software be interfering in some way?

Do other machines have this issue?

Paul

Level 1

paul

in other machine work... i dont undertand whats hapen, liveclyce generate pdf file in appdata>local>temp, but dont show in pdf preview

Exist any settings that i can change?

hugo

Former Community Member

Not that I am aware of …..because it runs in another machine we know that it is something in your environment. Can you uninstall and reinstall again to see if it clears it up?

Paul

Level 10

The error appears because of a faulty registry setting.

1. open the registration editor

2. go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones

3. There should be only 5 Zones (0,1,2,3,4).

4. Delete any other Zone there like the one named L

http://my.ilstu.edu/~djtaube/parasite_zone.png

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2515657

Level 1

thanks radzmar

its work. thank you very much

have a nice day

Hugo