Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

PDF Generator Font Embedding Issues

Level 4

Hi,

We have successfully configured a watchfolder for each distiller job options and are in place.

When I place a .ps in "Input" I am getting the "PDF" but some of the fonts was not embedded.

Since we have given "warn and continue" in distiller setting its just creating the pdf without embeding the font.

Do I need to install all the job fonts in the Livecycle server.

We are creating the .ps with embedded font in it, then why do we need to install the job in livecycle server.

Please advice.

Shaji

4 Replies

Level 4

Hi all,

Any suggestion related to this issue.

Shaji

Level 4

Hi,

Adobe can you look into this issue.

Shaji

Level 4

This is a case that requires looking at the specifics of your file, the particular fonts, etc.

While it should work with the fonts embedded in the PostScript, you may find that licensing terms on the fonts either do not allow embedding or only allow an embedded subset.

I'd suggest logging a support case.

Also, I'd try distilling this same file on a clean windows machine with the desktop Distiller in Acrobat to see what you get in that case.  That should be a good diagnostic tool.

Level 4

Hi Chuck Myers,

We tried the distiller in clean window machine which is not having fonts installed in it, only acrobat professional on that machine no software was present in that machine.

It was working fine we got the PDF without any error.

But the Same .ps which was placed in "LiveCycle" watchfolder was throwing error on font.

Please note that the .ps which was created with font embedded in it.

When its working fine on other distiller which is not having any fonts installed in it. Then why "LiveCycle" was not able to produce the PDF.

Please adice.

Shaji