I have been working on this form for quite some time now and not sure where to go from here.
Form was created in word, converted to PDF and in Adobe Pro, I added form fields. There is also a submit by e-mail button that sends the PDF. Everything works great in Adobe Pro. But my users will only have Adobe Reader XI so I need to reader-enable the file to have them save it as required and email it.
When I try to create a second copy of the file that is reader enabled, the form loses the ability to be filled in and the submit button stops working.
So I restarted - I created the form from scratch in Adobe Live Cycle. Added my fields, added the email submit button. In Adobe Pro, I save a copy - with reader enabled features and the same thing happens.
Sometimes I get errors when trying to reader-enable the file. I've tried the 'tricks' that I've found on this forum (save a copy first, then reader enable that version... and coping the XML in LiveCycle into a new document and trying that again). Sometimes that works.... but If i could just get the file to remain reader-enabled and have the submit button work, I will fight with the above two 'tricks'.
Not sure what I am doing wrong here.