Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF file properties not display info

Level 4

LiveCycle ES2 SP1 :

PDF created with Form ES2 does not show pdf version, PDF Producer, created, modified, Application Title, Author etc.

I am using xdp + xml with  Form ES API formsClient.renderPDFForm method to generate pdf.

(on windows right click on generated pdf and selecte Properties)

What could be the problem?

Thanks

YogLC

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I just tried it here using FormsIVS (an application that is shipped with Forms that exercises the same API that you are using) and it worked fine. That information is carried in the template - are you passing in an XDP file or a PDF file?

Paul

Level 4

Thanks Paul.

I am using xdp file as input.

YogLC

Former Community Member

Try it with FormsIVS and see if you get the same results.

Paul

Level 4

Hi Paul,

Thanks, I tried with Designer ES2 SP1 as well as Forms IVS same result, properties does not get displayed.

YogLC

Former Community Member

Can you send me your form and I will try it here ( LiveCycle8@gmail.com )   ...also which property are you expecting to see? We must be referring to different

properties because it works fine for me.

Paul

Level 4

Ok I think may be it is Reader version that is not able to display it correctly.

I also found that the assemble generated document will show pdf properties of the first document that was used in the assembly list (true?).

I have Acrobat Reader 9.2.0 the pdf properties does not get displayed.

acrobat-reader-9.2.0.JPG

But on another machine I have Acrobat Reader 9.1.0 it able to display pdf properties ok.

sample2-acrobat-9.1.0.JPG