Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PDF file made by Adobe Livecycle Designer - how to edit?

Level 1

Hi, I have got PDF file made by Adobe Livecycle Designer. Due the fact that LiveCycle is not supported anymore.. How Can I edit this PDF file?

I saw that there is something called Adobe Experience Cloud and another tool AEM Forms Designer..

I'm a litter bit confused ..

Thanks for help!

8 Replies

Level 1

I already have seen this. Is there any MacOS version?

Level 2

No, there are no MacOS versions of LiveCycle Designer.

Level 1

Not good :/. Do you know is there any Adobe product that I can use to edit PDF made by LiveCycle Designer?

Level 1

I too have a need to edit a form created in LiveCycle Designer. I see now that it has been renamed to Adobe Experience Manager Forms (AEM Forms). Getting a trial version requires working with a sales person. Not so interested in that...

Proposed Use: We will use the dynamic form as a template in a software program that will populate the fields and spit out a completed form?

Issue: We need to edit the field behavior of some fields to allow the entry of decimal points. Right now, the fields only allow whole numbers.

My question(s):

1. Can I take an interactive PDF form and convert it to dynamic in (AEM Forms)?
  2. Is there a way to create a new dynamic form in Acrobat? Using the (AEM Form) to start with or from scratch)
  3. Can I open the dynamic file (AEM Forms) in Acrobat and edit? Keeping it dynamic.

Level 4

If your form is static XFA, you could try this: http://apps.practicalpdf.com/xfa2pdf/ You could then edit the form in regular Acrobat.

Level 4

What do you mean by dynamic? It has a very particular meaning in LiveCycle/XFA which is to grow or shrink the form based on data. Acrobat has no support for editing dynamic forms, as it can only edit AcroForms, which are static.

Level 1
Print the pdf made in Adobe Livecycle to Adobe PDF Printer and it will convert it to an editable pdf.