Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Document Security Problem

Level 1

I have a document that has been saved not to allow any changes. I am now trying to resave the document so that chages are allowed. For some reason, no matter what security settings I choose, it will not allow changes to the document. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I've attached the file if that helps.

DW

8 Replies

Level 4

Does the original policy allow the document to change policies?

Level 1

I don't know I inherited the document. Is there any to change that if that is the case?

DW

Level 4

I think i missunderstood you question.

What do you mean with "cannot change" ?

The document is editable (sorry, the first time i didn't look at the document).

In attach there's your document with a new picture.

Former Community Member

The document that was originally posted does not have any "Security" (password, certificate encryption, Rights Management) features enabled in it (See document properties\security).

If you are trying to change the document with Acrobat Pro, you can't as the file is an XFA based PDF form created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES.  If you open the PDF in Adobe LiveCycle Designer (this shiops and is installed with Acrobat Pro), you can make changes and save the form back out as a PDF.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

I don't think I did a good job explaining the actual problem.

I can edit the document just fine in Livecycle, but my users want to be able to insert pages to the document within Acrobat. It's in Acrobat that I can't figure out how to allow changes to the documents.

Does that explain it a bit better?

Thanks

DW

Level 1

Steve,

So, if I understand you, any document created in LiveCycle Designer cannot be altered in anyway within Acrobat, except for filling out form fields. Is this correct? If so, is the only option to allow my users to insert pages is to redo the form in Acrobat Pro?

Thanks

DW

Level 4

Ok, so i really didn't understant your question in the first place.

To be honest i don't think it is possible to insert pages on a dynamic Xfa.form. I think its only possible to do in a flat PDF but i'm not sure on this.

Former Community Member

Question:  any document created in LiveCycle Designer cannot be altered in anyway within Acrobat, except for filling out form fields.

ANSWER:  This is correct

Question: Is the only option to allow my users to insert pages is to redo the form in Acrobat Pro?

ANSWER:  No, you would design the form (in LiveCycle Designer) to be dynamic so that pages, detail lines, fields etc. could be added "on demand" by the user, or through script that could be executed based on business rules from the form itself.

There is a good book available on this subject, "Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer" by J.P. Terry.  It's published by Adobe Press.

Regrads

Steve