Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

PDF created with LiveCycle will not display

Former Community Member

All the other PDF links in the email work.  However, the document created with LiveCycle give me this error in Firefox.  I have made all the updates according to Firefox for Adobe Reader and Java.  Still receiving this.  Any suggestions???  I can see it in Explorer but not firefox or Chrome.  Not everyone that will get this particular document will use Explorer.  Unfortunately, I need a fast answer.

Error.png

15 Replies

Former Community Member

I have that configured already and it still won't display.  I am using the trial version until it expires adn then we plan to purchase, if this suits our needs.  Is it possible that it won't display because of that?

Never mind........... This was extremely helpful.  I had to do BOTH browsers to make it work.  Thank you SO MUCH.

Level 8

I think you're talking about LiveCycle Designer expiring and that has nothing to do with the PDF files that are created those do not expire and are fully functional.  When you open one of the files that works in FireFox what does the user interface look like?  If you could paste a screenshot that would help

Level 8

Opps sorry I didn't see that it was working.  Glad you're ok.

Former Community Member

Well, since I fixed it in Chrome, it works for me.  However, my partner beside me doesn't have Chrome and he gets the same generic screenshot that I had earlier, even though we made the changes in his Firefox.  We're baffled...... The interactive form is the only form we can't pull. 

Error.png

Former Community Member

Steve, is it possible that I need to save it as a particular format?  Like, Adobe Static PDF Form?

Level 8

No it isn't the format, can you send me a screenshot of a "working" pdf?

Level 8

I mean from the machine where the XFA template doesn't work

Former Community Member

He said saving it in the "Static" form works but he can't interact with it.

Level 8

I'm confused, the form is displayed here not the please wait message and it's opened in Adobe Reader fine.  On the machine where the please wait message occurs please open a "regular" pdf that works and send the screenshot

Former Community Member

That's because I opened it in mine.  This is what it looks like without cropping down the image.

screen shot.jpg

Level 8

It's still coming up in the default viewer not Adobe Reader.  If you click on the open with different viewer and use Adobe Reader I suspect it will be fine.  Recheck that Adobe Reader is selected as the default viewer for PDF.  Also do a search for Forms and ensure Adobe Reader or Acrobat is used and also search for XML Data and if it shows up make sure Adobe Reader/Acrobat is selected.