Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Paste item from dropdown at the current cursor location

Level 9

How do I insert

the item I choose from a dropdown list at the current cursor location? For example, I start entering a sentence and then want to add a word from a dropdown list. I want that word to insert where the cursor is (end of my sentence).

Thanks

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Not saying that it is impossible but it woudl be very very tricky and coding intensive. Can you not just have the font on that field set to GDT (assuming GDT has regular letters and numbers as well as the symbols you want).

Paul

Former Community Member

You might want to try copying and pasting that symbol into the field.....can you try that? You will have to select it in the DDlist then highlight the selection and right mouse click to get the copy menu. It might make more sense to have a ListBox instead of a DDList.

Paul

Level 9

Thanks Paul for all your help - I will try copying and pasting and then reply.

Level 9

I created the list, formatted to GDT font and added a few symbols. I am u

nable to copy the symbol from the list. I tried right clicking and Ctrl C - Crtl V

Former Community Member

You have to make sure that you select the item 1st ...so it appears as th selected item. Then highlight it and right click to get the copy menu.

screen1.png

Paul

Level 9

Okay - I was using a list box, not a drop down list. I changed it to a drop down and now I can copy and paste. Unfortunitely, the font changes to the textfield assigned font even though I have it formatted for rich text.

Former Community Member

So it is copying the text and not the formatting of the text ...so much for that idea. I cannot think of an easy way to do this other than having the user change the font on the fly....unless someone else has a suggestion?

Paul

Level 9

I tried changing the dropdown to a table and that allows me to copy the formatting too but it s

till does not paste correctly.

Thanks for your efforts.

-Don