Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PAssword protection using scripting

Former Community Member

Hi,

Is it possible to add password protection to a pdf document, built with ADOBE Livecycle Designer, using Java Scripting. The reason being, that I don't need the password to appear all the time. I need the password to appear on a condtional basis.

Thanks,

Nakul

6 Replies

Level 9

Hi Nakul,

What do you need here? Do you require password to open the form / to edit the form or for any specific field ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

I just need the password to open the form, depending upon the entry in a particular field. If field "A" has value 1, then anyone opening the form should not be prompted to enter a password. If field "A" is not 1, then everyone opening the form should be prompted to enter the password. Is this possible?

Level 9

Hi,

As you said you need the password to open the form. But if the form is not opened then how can the value of that particular field would be 1 or 2 ? What I assume here is : a part of the form will be opened and depening upon the value of that field you will ask for the password to show the rest of the form. Am I correct ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

I guess I didnt elaborate that well. I was talking about 2 different instances of opening the form. e.g. the user open the form the first time without any password prompt. Changes the values in field "A" and saves the form. Next time when the form is opened, as the value of the field has changed, the password prompt should appear. Hope this makes sense.

Level 4

Check this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/753498

Toward the bottom, Radzmar posted a great template that I use when I need a password protected form.

Jo