Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Paper barcode gray out in adobe livecycle

Level 2

When i am create a pdf form in adobe livecycle ES 4 and generate a barcode according to fill data in form ,then barcode gray out in adobe livecycle.I am also add image below which generate gray barcode after filling form.

So ,any requirement for licencing of  adobe livecycle ES 4 for paper barcode in  adobe livecycle ES 4?

LC-barcode image.bmp

12 Replies

Level 7

You are either (1) putting too much data in your barcode, or (2) you are using a Reader and do not have your form properly extended. What kind of barcode symbology are you using?

Level 2

i am using PDF417 .

any requirement for licensing of  adobe livecycle ES 4 for paper barcode in  adobe livecycle ES 4?

I am installed adobe reader in my system.

how to set size of data in barcode as per your first answer?

Level 7

Paper form barcodes cannot be dynamically populated without being Reader Enabled with LiveCycle Reader Extensions or your end user using the full Acrobat (Pro or Standard). To select which fields to include in your barcode, create a collection (see below):

686456_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

I will check it.

Thank you Sir.

Level 2

Sir , I want to create PDF417 barcode ,so it is necessary to write script on button click event for create barcode ?

Give me right way for create barcode on button click event .

Thanks in Advance.

Ronak Patel.

Level 7

If you are using a "Paper Forms Barcode", the calculate event of the barcode will automatically adjust to changes in other form fields; you do not need to implement any custom code.

Level 2

Yes Sir, you are right, but i want to create "Paper Forms Barcode" with custom script on "Button_Click" event.

So, Kindly suggest us.

Looking forward to heraring from you.

Regard's

Ronak Patel.

Level 3

You can get a full overview of the use of PDF417 barcodes on a presentation I created a number of years ago that is still very relevant: Barcoded Forms eLearning PDF417 Best Practices.

You cannot use the Barcoded Forms object on any forms that have not been processed via Reader Extensions (not free) if they are to be opened and filled in using the free Adobe Reader. They will continue to work in Acrobat but again, not in Reader. This is a licensed product from Adobe so although you can design it in Designer, you can't deploy it without proper licensing.

Level 2

How do we find out how to license and what it costs and what it is called. I cannot find anyone to talk to to find out this information.

Level 2

I just spent the whole morning trying to talk to customer service about this issue and telling them that I seem to need a license to make this work. They tell me no it needs NO license, but I can't get it to work with your instructions with the adobe livecycle version that I have and the readers that my users have. I am going in circles.  I am willing to purchase but they tell me there is no license and I don't need it. So FRUSTRATING.

Level 2

Just found out that they opened a case and will get back with me. Hopefully it will get solved.