Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Page scaling

Level 2

Hi, wondering if theres a way to disable the page scaling option in the print dialog?

pagescaling.jpg

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

in Designer 9.x you can control the page scaling unter Form Properties > PDF Print Options. If this is also available in erlier version I don't know.

PageScaling.png

Level 2

Thanks Radzmar for the reply.  Unfortunatly I have version 8 and it doesn't seem to have any option in that TAB to disable page scaling.  Would it be possible to edit either the xml or have a script that can do this?

also, is version 9 the one that comes with cs5?

Level 10

Hi,

you could try to embed the PrintOptions tags from Designer 9 into Designer 8.

In Designr 9 they look like this in the XML source.

scalingPrefs controls the page scaling.

<?PDFPrintOptions embedViewerPrefs 1?>

<?PDFPrintOptions embedPrintOnFormOpen 0?>

<?PDFPrintOptions scalingPrefs 1?>

<?PDFPrintOptions enforceScalingPrefs 0?>

<?PDFPrintOptions paperSource 0?>

<?PDFPrintOptions duplexMode 0?>

I didn't test it, but it's worth a try.

Designer 9 is shipped together with Acrobat X, but I think CS5 contains Acrobat 9 which means Designer 8.

Level 2

Thanks, I'll give it a try and post up the results.

Level 2

I placed that bit of code into the xml file but unfortaunly it didn't work either.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Level 2

Hi Radzmar,

I downloaded a trial of LiveCycle Designer ES2 and turned on that option to disable page scaling but I'm still able to set page scalling settings in the print dialog box in the acrobat.

This  is the settings I used.

3-04-2011 1-14-44 PM.png

and this is what the print dialog box looks like the acrobat.  I've had to sensor the pdf preview for this screen shot.

3-04-2011 1-19-44 PM.png

Level 2

Just realised what I had done wrong.  I needed to save the form as version 9 or later.