Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Page order changing after PDF form designed in Livecycle designer is saved as a PDF file.

Level 1

We have a form that was created in Adobe livecycle designer.  The form consists of 2 pages arranged in a set.  Page 1 allows entry of 4 separate part numbers with various special requirements.   Page 2 allows extra requirements for actuation; if needed, that may be required for one or more of the items listed on page 1.  The form itself works fine when only a single set is required.  We've included a button on each form that allows the user to add an extra page set.

The fillable form is saved to a shared area and users can start a new form at any time.  When this PDF is opened for the first time, it works great.  Users fill page 1 and 2 as necessary and if more parts need to be entered, the button is pushed to create a new page set and the entire new set is appended to the bottom of the form.  Page 1 & 2 (part & Actuation) stay together and the addition creates a page 3 & 4 (part & actuation) at the very bottom of the form.  It's important that the item and actuation sheets stay together for each set as we could have 1 or 50 + items on a single form, meaning lots of parts; some with actuation and some without..  It's more difficult to figure out what actuation goes with which part if the file is out of order.

Prior to save, the added page sets are in order and even print in order.  When the PDF is saved though, the page order (and page print order) changes to:

Page 1, Page 3, Page 2, Page 4  ("Part 1", "Part 2", "Actuation1", "Actuation2")

User may add more page sets after the PDF has been filled and saved and the issue works the same way.  A new page set is added after "Actuation2" and stays in order until the pdf is saved.  When the file is re-opened, the new page order is:

Page 1, Page 3, Page 5, Page 2, Page 4, Page 6 ("Part 1", "Part 2", "Part3", "Actuation1", "Actuation2", "Actuation3")

What am I doing wrong that the page order changes on save to PDF?

thanks,

[Question moved to the LCD forum. -Mod.]

4 Replies

Level 10

By page sets do you mean subform sets?

We might need to see your form as it sounds rather complex, are you able to share it?

Level 1

Hi.  Sorry.  Meant to send more initially but the site won't let me post PDFs or even Tiffs. This is a multi-page PDF form though so I think the best I can do is send individual pages in .JPG format..?  Here's my LCD layout anyway...  Should I post the JPEGs? 

thanks

QAP_103E_FormLayout.jpg

Level 10

Are the itemspecific and actuator objects repeating or do you have the whole set repeating.  I think you probably want itemspecific and actuator repeating

Can we see your add code?

If you want to share your form, you need to upload it somewhere, like google docs, dropbox, or whatever and add a link to it in this thread.

Level 1

Hi.  I think you might have hit on the answer.  I am repeating the entire set (Item specific & actuator).  Since only some of the items require an actuator page I should probably split them apart anyway.  I'm guessing that should fix this issue.  I'll post back if I still have trouble after splitting my set..  thanks!..