Expand my Community achievements bar.

Page numbering problem

Level 1

I have a 3 page form that uses the CurrentPageNumber and NumberofPages fields on the master pages. The results show 1 of 3, 1 of 3, 3 of 3.

I changed the Printing value set on the (Master Pages) section to "Print on Front Side Only" so I could control when the master pages are used. I have 3 master pages where I need MP1 to print on the first page, MP2 the rest of the pages (as there may be more than this one page) and MP3 as the last page as it contains a Submit button that I only want to appear once at the end of the form.

When I set the Printing value back to "Page Occurence" then it works as expected (1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3). If I try and set the last subform in my form to get placed on MP3 using Pagination -> Place the same problem occurs.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

How about setting master page differently for every one. Lets say you have 10 pages. 3 master pages. For page - 1 - master page 1. For page 2-9 - master page2. For page-10 - master page3. So by default, for first page it will take the master page as master page-1.

For pages 2-9. You can select pagination > place = Top of Master Page-3. And for page - 10. You can select pagination > place = top of master page-3. The pagination will be automatically taken care of.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 1

I did try this but was still getting that strange page numbering. Even if it worked, my problem is that my form is dynamic and subform based so I can't decide which subform would be on the last page. That's why I did it the other way since I could select MP3 as the last page regardless of the subforms that were displayed on it.

Level 9

Ok. If your number of forms is not fixed, I mean you do not know which will be your last page. But I guess even if the number of pages change, the master page for particular pages remain same. Lets say there are 100 pages. Master page for 1, 100 uses Master page 1,3 respectively and for pages 2-99 it uses master page2. If we are dynamically adding pages then it should replicate the same master page that it added.

Thanks,

Bibhu.