Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Overridden fields' values not retained after form is saved/reopened

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I've searched the net, but can't seem to resolve my problem.

The form itself is somewhat complex. If needed, I can get into the details of how the calculation is done, but may save some time if I just explain the problem:

I have 3 drop down boxes on my form that are auto-populated based on what is entered in a series of other dropdown boxes. The user is allowed to change the calculated drop downs to another option if they want.

When the form is saved and reopened, 2 of the 3 drop downs are not retaining the value the user selected if they overrode it. Instead, it's recalculating against the calculation script that's written. Strange thing is that there is 1 of the three drop down retaining it's value perfectly.

Is there anyway I can save the overridden values, or stop it from recalculating and reverting when the form is saved then reopened? I can't set the fields to disabled/read-only either, in case the user needs to override and save again to something else later.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

1 Reply