Expand my Community achievements bar.

Overflow?

Level 2

Mentors,

Greetings and thank you in advance for your help.

I beleive I have a simple questions regarding https://acrobat.com/#d=wXZxft9Ic8JYoGujL6ITfw

When a person fills out the following sections on the form, and there is no additional space in the field, I would like the remainder to print on a separate page and reference the section.  I beleive this has something to do with "overflow", but I can't seem to get it to work.

• Placement Client(s) Primary Raw Materials, Manufacturing Process & End Products
  • Detailed Description of Tasks Performed by Temp Employees:
    • Narrative discussion-outline losses associated with excluded class:
      • Outline any unusual tasks, airborne exposures or other potential hazards to which temps might be exposed:
        • Other Comments:
        • Any thoughts or help will be greatly apprciated.

Best Regards,

Rbo

2 Replies

Former Community Member

The overflow is used with dynamic subforms (where you can add rows or sections in succession) and the page fills up. Your concept of continuing on a different page is very different and is full of difficulties. The problem has to do with layout. When a form is being layed out it needs to be a sequential operation. I cannot put part of a field on page 2 and the rest of it on page 5, then comeback to page 2 and continue from where I left off. I have seen this done with extensive use of Javascript and in that case the entire text was written into the field then it was parsed so that only the right amount of data was put into the field and the rest was moved to a different page. In this case the form was being set to print so there was no more interaction with the form. If it is to be interactive then if you need to retrieve the value of that field you need to know that you are taking it from 2 places.

Make sense?

If you are not code savvy then I would even attempt it. I can see if I can locate that sample if you want.

Paul