Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Overflow leader/trailer displaying as leader/trailer correctly but also displaying outside repeater

Former Community Member

When creating a new overflow leader and trailer, a subform is created and added to the hierarchy.  I've correctly assigned the repeating subform to the overflow leader subform and the overflow trailer subform.  When rendering, it works for the repeating subform but the subform's text also appears outside the repeating subform due to the fact it is still a subform with text.  There is nothing that I can find in the leader/trailer subform telling Adobe to not display it outside of being a leader/trailer to the repeating subform it was assigned. ??? 

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can move the leader and trailer subforms to the (Referenced Objects) node of the hierarchy palette, just select the header subform in the hierarechy palette and drag it to the (Referenced Objects) node.

Should look something like;

Capture.PNG

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Thanks Bruce.  I am new to Adobe Designer.  I have been wondering what that Referenced Object was on existing templates I've used to model new ones after.  I have always been deleting them for no good reason.  So now I am trying to find how to insert a Referenced Object if one does not exist in the hierarchy.  I am currently looking in 'help' and 'google'.

Level 10

Hi,

Getting it back could be a bit tricky.  If you look in the XML Source view probably after the last </subform> and before the <desc> elements that represent the file properties like title, version, etc add a <proto/> element.  So it should look something like;

</field>

<?templateDesigner expand 1?></subform>

<proto/>

<desc>

<text name="title">FORM TITLE</text>

<text name="version">10.0.2.20120224.1.869952.867557</text>

</desc>

<?templateDesigner expand 1?></subform>

<?templateDesigner DefaultPreviewDynamic 1?>

<?templateDesigner DefaultRunAt client?>

<?templateDesigner Grid show:1, snap:1, units:0, color:ff8080, origin:(0,0), interval:(125000,125000)?>

<?templateDesigner WidowOrphanControl 0?>

<?templateDesigner DefaultCaptionFontSettings face:Myriad Pro;size:10;weight:normal;style:normal?>

<?templateDesigner DefaultValueFontSettings face:Myriad Pro;size:10;weight:normal;style:normal?></template>

<config xmlns="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xci/3.0/">

Former Community Member

Well, that was easy.  Thanks!  Am I correct in that the only way to edit the text within the referenced objects is to pull it out of the referenced object so it's visible again in the design view?  I didn't expect it to disappear when I moved it into the referenced object.