Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Output Services trial

Former Community Member

Hi,

We are already using LiveCycle ES 8.2 Forms ES - however we would like to try out Output Services. Is there any way to temporarily enable this in our current installation? I have tried looking for turnkey installations, but I understand that these aren't available anymore.

Kind regards

Lars

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Lars,

There is a ES2 virtual appliance available that should contain Output ES. Check out the LiveCycle product blog for a description of the appliance and access to the download.

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2009/11/livecycle_es2_-_evaluation_dow.html

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Lars,

There is a ES2 virtual appliance available that should contain Output ES. Check out the LiveCycle product blog for a description of the appliance and access to the download.

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2009/11/livecycle_es2_-_evaluation_dow.html

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi Steve,

Downloaded the virtual appliance, worked like a charm - thanks.

Another question, is it possible to use an lca archive exported fra LiveCycle 8.x in 9.x? When I import the .lca, I don't see it in the workbench. But it's the in the adminui under the 8.x section. I only see the 9.x "applications" in the Workbench.

Kind regards

Lars

Former Community Member

Good.

The 8.x import to 9.0 is a 'little' confusing. Here are some notes I made for myself for a VERY early build of ES2.

1) Admin UI - import 8.x archive

2) Workbench applications view - click refresh

3) create new application ('File > New > Application')

4) optionally, create folders for forms, processes, etcetera

5) right-click on application version folder and select 'Import'

6) expand 'LiveCycle runtime content' folder and select 'Process'

- lca should be visible in 'Process Import Wizard'

- drill into proces name and select process version

- select target folder and click 'Finish'

7) right-click on application version folder and select 'Import'

8) expand 'LiveCycle runtime content' folder and select 'Resource'

- lca resources on local machine should be visible in 'Resources Import Wizard'

- select resource

- select target folder and click 'Finish'

Give them a try and let me know if you need more help.

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----